Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Facebook and me...

I have decided that I need to do a bit of blogging again.   Even if it is only for me to let out some issues that I have.   As far as social media is going I have a Facebook profile, but in all truth I miss the days of blogging.  

Facebook is way to commercial and the one liners and people who want to confess that they are religious is working on my nerves.   It is a constant barrage of images with the weirdest and most wonderful miracles and the author asks everybody to leave a comment. Type Amen if you agree!

I am sorry but your thinking of what religion is and what my understanding of religion is not going to get along.   So I have started to click that unfollow button in order not to see your weird concept of religion on social media.     

I am also following a couple of groups but mostly they are useless in gathering the information that I require or ask for.   The forums are also a better platform.  Questions get answered and every now and again I can hopefully leave an intelligent comment between the clever people.  And the clever people will always give advise and be truthfully honest on the mistakes you make.

One of the ATM forums got me through the following build.

It took nearly 6 months to complete apart from the mirror.  8inch Dobsonian in carnival colours.  It works like a charm and was constructed for as cheap as possible.  Apart from the Spotting scope and eyepieces it all from 2nd hand and free material.  The tube, thanks to the municipality for putting in new nice 250mm pvc pipes and the mirror is from melted coke bottles.

This would not have been possible with crappy Facebook.

1 comment:

Divemaster GranDad said...

I think it's about time you posted something new again...It's only your middle finger that's fucked...LOL.